EXTRA! EXTRA! Read All About It!
Do you enjoy the Kansas City Star? The library’s news resource, America’s News, gives you access to newspapers both locally and from across the country, including the Star. Let’s walk through the steps to getting it sent straight to your inbox. For this tutorial, we will use the Kansas City Star, however, you can choose any newspaper from the hundreds available in America’s News.
- Open your internet browser and navigate to www.casscolibrary.org
- Click on “Online Resources” under the Resources tab of the homepage menu.
- Scroll to “Magazines, Journals, & Newspapers” in the blue table. Click on the arrow to open the options, then click on “America’s News”.
- The America’s News platform will open. Scroll down to see the Quick Links menu on the right and select Kansas City Star Collection.
- There will be 5 sources listed for the KC Star. Select the “Image” format by clicking the second source name in the list. This version will look exactly like the print version of the paper, with full-color photos and graphics.
- Choose the date of the issue you want to read from the calendar, or select “Create Alert” to have a notification of new issues sent to your email inbox on a daily or weekly basis.
- Enter your email address and select your desired notification frequency. Enjoy reading your daily news delivered right to your inbox!
America’s News comes to you from NewsBank, one of the helpful resources available to you with your Cass County Public Library card. Don’t miss out on other free subscriptions like Consumer Reports, CreativeBug, Gale Legal Forms, fold3 by Ancestry, and many more!
You must be logged in to post a comment.