If you do not already have a library card, September is the time to sign up. During National Library Card Sign-Up Month in September, you can sign up for a library card, register to vote, and join the Friends of the Library in one visit!
First, get your library card and see what you’ve been missing out on:
- Downloadable eBooks & eAudiobooks through OverDrive or Libby
- Access to Ancestry.com while at the library
- Hundreds of events and classes for all ages throughout the year
- Online magazines and streaming videos through OverDrive or Libby
- Computer and internet access at every location
- Books, movies, music, and more available for checkout
- Puzzles, games, and museum passes with no late fees
- Testing and research resources available 24/7
- Magazines and newspapers at each branch
- Genealogy and local history resources
- Help with citizenship
- Much, much more
Next, update your voter registration address or register to vote.
Staff at all of our locations can help you do either.
You can also register to vote or update your address in Missouri using the online form.
Finally, join the Friends of the Library at a discounted price!
Throughout the month of September, we are offering Friends of the Library Gold memberships for just $5. Usually, they are $25, but we want to give as many people as possible the chance to join the Friends and support the library. The membership will be valid through December 2020. Friends of the Library also receive invitations to special friends-only events and book sale previews. Last year, the Friends hosted 2 author events in Raymore and Harrisonville. What kinds of events will they host in the future? Join and help decide!
For more information on the Friends of Library, visit their page. You can print out the application from there or stop in your local library branch (Archie, Bookmobile, Drexel, Garden City, Harrisonville, Pleasant Hill, and the Northern Resource Center in Belton).
We hope to see you soon!