Patrons can access their library account online. From here, you can see what items you have checked out, when items are due, what items you have on hold, and how much is owed on your account.
To access your library account, you can login from our website or from the catalog screen.
To login directly from our website, click on the blue Login button under the search bar in the top right corner of the screen. Then, enter your library card number and PIN (last 4 digits of your phone number unless you changed it).
From the catalog screen, click on My Account at the top of the catalog page and enter your library card number and PIN.
The My Account screen has multiple tabs.
Account Summary: This tab displays how many items you have checked out, how many holds you have, how many holds are ready to pickup, and when your library card will expire.
You can also see fines on your account and payments you’ve made on your account.
Messages: Here you can find messages from Cass County Public Library about your account. Any notifications sent to you via text or email will also appear here.
Items Checked Out: See all items you currently have checked out.
- Renewing you items: On the Items Checked Out tab, check the boxes next to the item(s) you wish to renew and select Renew Selected Titles from the drop down menu above the list. Then, click Go. Not all items are eligible for renewal. For example, if there are pending holds on a very popular item, you may be unable to renew the item. Library items also have renewal limits. For more information on renewal limits, go to Checkout Periods & Fines.
- Checkout History: You can also view your checkout history, if you have enabled that feature in Account Preferences.
- See any items you currently have on hold. By clicking the checkbox beside an item, you can suspend or cancel a hold.
- You can also view your holds history, if you have enabled that feature in Account Preferences.
- Here you can view your personal account information. Patrons may change their PIN/Password and email address. Any other changes must be made by library staff.
- Patrons can also update their notification preferences: email or text message.
- Under Search and History Preferences, you can change your pickup branch (for holds). You can also choose to keep a history of your checked out items and items placed on hold.
- This section allows you to create, edit, share, and remove lists you have created. For example, you may want to create a list of books you want to read.
- To create a list, go to the My Lists tab. Type in a name for your list and a description if you want to. Click Submit, and the list should appear under My Existing Lists.
- To add an item to a list from the search results, hover over the blue Add to My List button below the Place Hold button and click on the list you wish to add the item to.
- From the My Lists tab, you can view your lists by clicking on the title of the list.
- From a list, you can place holds on multiple items at one time. Select the items you’d like on hold, and select Place Hold from the dropdown menu. Click Go and you’ll see a confirmation screen to place the holds.