- Free books (problem with returning books on time, use e- books—no fines, books disappear when due).
- Free and fast Internet access including Wi-Fi.
- Free movies and television series on DVDs.
- Free magazines and newspapers. If a favorite magazine or newspaper is not in a print format at your library, check these online databases: MasterFILE Premier with 1,700 magazines, Newspaper Source with 40 national newspapers, or Newsbank for the Kansas City Star and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Check the 641.56 section of the nonfiction shelves for diet books, 641.5 for specialized cookbooks or 616 for health issues.
- Consumer Health Complete online provides current information from medical books and journals.
- Use the library collection of current travel books to decide on or research your destination.
- Legal Forms provides a wide selection of state-specific legal forms including wills, estates, etc.
- Online databases are available at home or at the library and don’t stack up in the “to read” pile.
- If you borrow items from the library, you don’t have to store them because you return them.
- Find books to help you deal with clutter in the 648.8 section.
So many resolutions—so little time!
Marie Vallee, Youth Services Coordinator