Imaging workshop sponsored by the Genealogy Branch
Preserving the Past for Future Generations
Saturday, March 1, 2014
1 pm–4:30 pm (check-in 12:30)
Cass County Public Library–Harrisonville
$6.00 fee includes 2G flashdrive
- Converting VHS, camcorder tapes and slides
- Preserving printed and digital photographs
- Locating online family photographs and saving to a flashdrive
All of us should be concerned about preserving our heritage. If you are the caretaker of your parents’ and grandparents’ pictures, how will you preserve them? If you take pictures now and want your great-great-grandchildren to see them, how will you make sure they will be able to see them?
- Ken Smithers, owner of Picture This Video, Inc. in Belton, Missouri discusses converting your VHS and camcorder tapes; and preserving slides and photographs to a digital format. Ken will share his ideas about where this industry is headed.
- Amy Boden, owner of Boden Photography in Peculiar, Missouri demonstrates how to store and keep printed photos and digital files. Amy shares tips on improving your family photos and how to display them in your home.
- CCPL Genealogy staff member, Sharon Wallen, instructs a hands on computer session using various websites to locate family photographs; and gives instructions on how to save online photographs to a flashdrive.
Call 816-884-6285 to reserve your spot.