Cass County Public Library hosts book clubs at most locations. Below is a list of our book clubs, what they read, and what times they meet, organized by branch.
The Wolfner Library offers call-in book clubs for those who are blind, visually impaired, have a reading disability, or have a physical disability that limits them from using standard print materials.
For more information, call 1-800-392-2614 or visit https://www.sos.mo.gov/wolfner/programming/bookclubs.
DrexelBeta Book Club:
Come join us for good discussion on the first Monday every month. This book club reads a variety of fiction and non-fiction books.
- March 5, 1pm – Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan
- April 2, 1pm – A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline
- May 7, 1pm – Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
Garden CityAdult Book Group:
This group meets on the last Wednesday of every month at 6pm, unless noted.
- February 28, 5:30pm – Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
- March 28, 6pm – Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- April 25, 4:30pm – True Devotion by Dee Henderson
- May 30, 4:30pm – Murphy’s Law by Rhys Bowen
HarrisonvilleInspirational Book Club:
Come and enjoy a discussion of the book of the month. Books are available to check out at the Harrisonville library. The Inspirational Book Club meets monthly on the first Thursday at 6:30pm. This club focuses on the inspirational fiction genre.
- March 1, 6:30pm – Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon
- April 5, 6:30pm – No Way Up by Mary Connealy
- May 3, 6:30pm – In this Moment by Karen Kingsbury
Bring your lunch and enjoy a discussion of the book of the month. Books are available for checkout at the Harrisonville library. The Brown Bag Book Club meets monthly on the second Monday at noon. This club reads widely in both fiction and nonfiction genres.
- March 12, 12pm – Girl Waits With Gun by Amy Stewart
- April 9, 12pm – Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- May 14, 12pm – Listen, Slowly by Thanhha Lai
Come and enjoy a discussion of the book of the month. Books are available to check out at the Harrisonville library. The General Book Club meets monthly on the second Monday at 6:30 p.m. This club reads widely in both fiction and nonfiction genres.
- March 12, 6:30pm – The Children Act by Ian McEwan
- April 9, 6:30pm – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- May 14, 6:30pm – Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
Come and enjoy a discussion of the book of the month. Books are available to check out at the Harrisonville library. Meets monthly on the second Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. This club focuses on the mystery genre.
- March 13, 6:30pm – Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- April 10, 6:30pm – Pagan Spring by G.M Malliet
- May 8, 6:30pm – Rock with Wings by Anne Hillerman
Northern Resource CenterConnecting Points Book Club:
An inspirational fiction book club open to anyone who enjoys reading and good conversation. The group meets on the second Thursday of the month.
- March 8, 1pm – Newton and Polly by Jody Hedlund
- April 12, 1pm – Catching the Wind by Melanie Dobson
- May 10, 1pm – Treasured Grace by Tracie Peterson
Murder Among Friends is a book club for adults, open to anyone who enjoys mysteries and good conversation. We meet the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 1:00 – 2:30pm.
- March 20, 1pm – Not a Sound by Heather Gudenkauf
- April 17, 1pm – Bless Her Dead Little Heart by Miranda James
- May 15, 1pm – Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers
A classics book club for people who love the written word. “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” CS Lewis. We meet on the third Thursday of every month.
- March 15, 6:30pm – Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- April 19, 6:30pm – A Passage to India by E. M. Forster
- May 17, 6:30pm – Cry the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
A book club for gentlemen readers of all ages. We meet the 3rd Thursday of every month at 6:30pm.
- March 15, 6:30pm – 1984 by George Orwell
- April 19, 6:30pm – TBA
- May 17, 6:30pm – TBA
Our Mother/Daughter book club is for girls ages 8-12 and their mom (or other special adult female). Come enjoy discussions of amazing novels while enjoying the friendship of other girls and their moms. We meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 6:30pm.
- March 22, 6:30pm – Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
- April 26, 6:30pm – Hoot by Carl Hiaasen
- May 24, 6:30pm – Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
This is a general interest book club that reads popular fiction, and literary fiction with an occasional non-fiction title thrown in for fun. We meet the last Wednesday of each month.
- February 28, 6:30pm – The Girls of Atomic City by Denise Kiernan
- March 28, 6:30pm – Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman
- April 25, 6:30pm – The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
- May 30, 6:30pm – Letters from Paris by Juliet Blackwell
Pleasant Hill1st Monday Evening Readers:
This group is for adults who enjoy reading and discussing different aspects of literature. We read and discuss various genres and subject matter including fiction and non-fiction. Most discussions will last approximately an hour. We meet on the first Mondays of each month at 5:30pm.
- March 5, 5:30pm – Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
- April 2, 5:30pm – Burning Sky by Lori Benton
- May 7, 5:30pm – Chilbury Ladies Choir by Jennifer Ryan
This group is a variety of adults who enjoy reading and discussing books of various genre (fiction, non-fiction, mystery, etc). At each gathering, we discuss the current book and then pass out the title for the next month. Come in and pick up a copy of our current book and join the discussion! We meet the 3rd Thursday each month at 2:15 in the afternoon.