Cass County Public Library hosts book clubs at most locations. Below is a list of our book clubs, what they read, and what times they meet, organized by branch.
The Wolfner Library offers call-in book clubs for those who are blind, visually impaired, have a reading disability, or have a physical disability that limits them from using standard print materials.
For more information, call 1-800-392-2614 or visit https://www.sos.mo.gov/wolfner/programming/bookclubs.
DrexelBeta Book Club:
Come join us for good discussion on the first Monday every month. This book club reads a variety of fiction and non-fiction books.
- August 27, 1pm – Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- October 1, 6pm – Special guest author, D. L. Rogers will join us as we discuss her books.
- November 5, 1pm – We will conclude the discussion of D. L. Roger’s books on local history.
Garden CityAdult Book Group:
This group meets on the last Wednesday of every month at 6pm, unless noted.
- August 29, 4:00pm – Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks
- September 26, 4:00pm – Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
- October 31, 4:00pm – I’ll Be Your Blue Sky by Marisa De los Santos
- November 28, 4:00pm – Her Secret by Shelley Shepard Gray
HarrisonvilleNo Events No Events No Events No Events No Events
Northern Resource CenterNo Events Murder Among Friends Book Club:
Murder Among Friends is a book club for adults, open to anyone who enjoys mysteries and good conversation. We meet the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 1:00 – 2:30pm.
- September 18, 1pm – Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
- October 23, 1pm – In the Woods by Tana French
- November 20, 1pm – An Unsuitable Job for a Woman by P.D. James
Our Mother/Daughter book club is for girls ages 8-12 and their mom (or other special adult female). Come enjoy discussions of amazing novels while enjoying the friendship of other girls and their moms. We meet the 4th Thursday of every month at 6:30pm.
- September 27, 6:30pm – The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene
- October 25, 6:30pm – The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- November 29, 6:30pm – The Island of Dr. Libis by Chris Grabenstein
This is a general interest book club that reads popular fiction, and literary fiction with an occasional non-fiction title thrown in for fun. We meet the last Wednesday of each month.
- September 26, 6:30pm – A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- October 31, 6:30pm – Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan
- November 28, 6:30pm – A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
Pleasant Hill1st Monday Evening Readers:
This group is for adults who enjoy reading and discussing different aspects of literature. We read and discuss various genres and subject matter including fiction and non-fiction. Most discussions will last approximately an hour. We meet on the first Mondays of each month at 5:30pm.
- September 10, 5:30pm – The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- October 1, 5:30pm – Fancy Pants by Cathy Marie Hake
- November 5, 5:30pm – Coming Soon